ClintonThe key to success, and to happiness,
is being fully engaged in life -
leading yourself with inspiration and committed action -
setting your own fine and honorable example.
- Jonathan Lockwood HuieYou are never given a wish without also
being given the power to make it true.
You may have to work for it, however.
- Richard BachIf I am happy in spite of my deprivations,
if my happiness is so deep that it is a faith,
so thoughtful that it becomes a philosophy of life.
If, in short, I am an optimist,
my testimony to the creed of optimism is worth hearing.
- Helen Keller
Helen Keller (1880-1968) overcame being both deaf and blind
to become a famous author, lecturer, and activist
for women's suffrage, workers' rights, and ending war.Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared.
- The BuddhaWhen I'm trusting and being myself...
everything in my life reflects this
by falling into place easily, often miraculously.
- Shakti GawainI am an optimist.
It does not seem too much use being anything else.
- Winston ChurchillHave a Vision, a Dream.
Believe in that Vision.
Live that Vision with every fiber of your being.
- Jonathan Lockwood HuieToday is my day to honor my being,
release each and every struggle,
gather strength from life's storms,
relax into the arms of spirit.
- Jonathan Lockwood HuieConfidence comes not from always being right
but from not fearing to be wrong.
- Peter T.
An example of this is in the beginning of the speech when he begins with the words "four score."
Rhetorical Situation is a situation where peoples understanding can be changed through messages.
Figures of speech - Definition and Examples of Antithesis